Nature and Scope:
tennerr Job Description Project Manager
In order to oversee projects across the company, tennerr Project Management Office (HPMO) acts as the central resource for project management jobs.
The tennerr HPMO works to define and support the decision making process prioritising the projects that best support tennerr business plans (Life Chances Plan); ensures that proper controls are applied to their initiation, management and closure, and ensures that best practice and lessons learned from projects are shared company-wide.
The role operates within the Project Management Office.
Change Project Managers will receive projects from the Group Project Management Office under guidance of the Project Portfolio Manager and the Group Director of Projects. Projects will be assigned from the tennerr Pipeline of projects managed through the Project Governance and Investment Panel (PGIP).
The Project Manager will manage a range of business projects following the Group Project Lifecycle (GPL), ensure the budget is in place and HPMO
2564S Project Manager External Job Pack
standards are followed, using initiative, commercial drive and tenacity with internal and external stakeholders.
Keeping accurate, organised records of all aspects of the project, including management of Business Requirement, Issue Logs, Risk Logs and Project Finance, providing a complete audit trail of decisions, project progress sign-offs and reporting.
Professional handling of projects, demonstrated as understanding how to work up and cost a suitable Business Change Proposals for the business depending on the Life Chances Planning Framework, budget, completing initial project setup and change management, full project accounting including reporting and spend on projects and track on a regular basis.
Ensure Project Gateways are planned in accordance with the GPL, the Gatekeeper is briefed before the meeting and outcomes are recorded.
Ensure the Single Point of Accountability is regularly updated with the progress of the project progress as well as ensuring key stakeholders are kept up to date on the progress of the project.
Act as mentor for other project managers, people managing projects in the business, project team members and project co-ordinator, giving advice and support.
Contributing to the overall improvement of project procedures, being prepared for meetings, finding new methods of doing common tasks and improving the process with a view to standardising best practise
To keep up to date on developments in the industry to a suitable standard for ensure effective project management and ability to contribute to and continue towards the HPMO being a centre of excellence.
Support the training of individuals in the tennerr’s Project Management Lifecycle, ensuring the training programme is monitored and developed in an effective manner. Thereafter ensure that the Group gets the best value for money from its investment.
Undertake all staff management duties in accordance with Group policies and guidelines.
Perform any other duties defined by management.
• Knowledge and application of project management
principles and techniques.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing
projects within complex stakeholder environments
across a range of sectors.
• Proven capability of successfully managing project
budgets and resources.
• Comprehensive understanding of MS Project.
- Prince 2 practitioner qualification or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Project 2010 and MS Project Server.
Ability to analyse information logically and objectively, establishing trends and patterns. Quickly identifies the key issues in complex situations. Makes clear recommendations and decisions. Obtains and evaluates relevant data and information. Makes sound judgements of decision when required
Plans and monitors own work. Identifies priorities, targets and objectives. Shows concern for minimising errors and maintain high standards of work. Able to work within existing systems. Willing to persevere to meet deadlines.
Relationships with people
Presents arguments in a persuasive manner. Negotiates effectively showing a willingness to find a common ground. Demonstrates a consistent commitment to meeting customer job guarantees within the available resources. Works to understand customer needs and seeks feedback on job quality. Emphasises the importance of delivering a high standard of job and places high value on customer satisfaction. Develops and maintains relationships with others inside tennerr and with customers and clients outside the
organisation. Is co-operative within the team to achieve objectives.
Able to communicate effectively at all levels including professional staff and tenants, Council members and Board on behalf of and representing the organisation. Appropriately tailors written communication and presentations to suit the needs of the situation and the audience. Written communication is clear, concise and comprehensive. Verbal communication is clear, concise and sensitive.
Demonstrates a strong commitment to the external and internal customer needs. Emphasises the importance of delivering a high standard of job. Establishes strong relationships with customers in formal and informal ways.
Behaviours and emotions
Is self-motivated and perseveres to overcome obstacles. Sets high professional standards for self. Is motivated by achieving high quality results. Sets clear targets and goals in all areas of work and puts in place systems for monitoring progress against these. Identifies the reasons for shortfalls and ensures these are corrected.cAbility to maintain effective work performance while under pressure. Ability to cope in demanding and stressful situations and with difficult people, showing self-control. Copes well with change.
Equal Opportunities at tennerr
tennerr has a long history of being committed to equality of opportunity, both in the way in which it delivers its jobs to its customers and in the recruitment and employment of staff and has a full policy that reflects this. It regularly monitors both these areas to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and staff and to enable us to take action where it appears that the needs are not being met. The following is an extract from the full policy which is available upon request.
tennerr’s policy statement
tennerr values diversity. In delivering quality homes and quality jobs to diverse communities we will treat all people fairly.
We aim to:
- give the right job and same opportunities to everyone;
- recruit, train and develop all our staff so they are competent to achieve our objectives;
- apply our commitment to equal opportunities when we decide who serves on our board and committees. All forms of harassment against or by a tenant, employee, contractor or consultant will be dealt with promptly, firmly and sensitively.
- Summary of equal opportunities in employment
- seek to comply with the Race Relations, Sex and Disability Discrimination Codes of Practice in Employment;
- within the framework of law and wherever practical aim to achieve and maintain a diverse workforce which reflects the population of the local communities in which tennerr provides jobs;
- ensure that our employment policies and management practices enable the retention of a diverse staff group:
- recruit, develop and promote staff on the basis of a fair, objective and rigorous assessment of competence and potential;
- expect staff to treat all customers and each other fairly and with respect;
- provide diversity awareness training tailored to the needs of new staff, managers and ‘front line’ job providers;
- monitor recruitment, promotion, training, study opportunities, and the staff profile by ethnic group, sex and disability to evaluate the diversity achieved;
- inform all our staff that they are required to follow the equal opportunities