Who we are
The Short Version
tennerr collects information from you when you register to our platform, use it, complete forms, or register to any of our programs. We also collect information about your communications with tennerr as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of our platform. In addition, we automatically collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site and receive information from third-party vendors or other available sources.
Our legal basis for using your personal information is to provide you with quality job and security, to operate the platform, understand how people use the platform, and to perform our obligations to you; to ensure marketplace integrity and security; to prevent fraud; to contact you and send you direct marketing communications; to promote and advertise the platform, our jobs, and the tennerr marketplace; to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We use personal information for the purposes outlined above and will keep personal information only for as long as is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some cases we will retain personal information for longer periods of time.
The platform is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use the platform through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use the platform or the tennerr jobs. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
We share personal information with third parties in order to operate the platform, provide our jobs to you, fulfill obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud, infringements, and illegal activities.
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and Israel.
Our platform does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. The platform contains links to third-party sites and if you link to a third-party site from the platform, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of tennerr and are not subject to this Policy.
We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of the platform and your personal information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry-standard technologies and internal procedures.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect, please contact our customer support team for assistance.
The longer version
tennerr collects various types of information from users when they register for an account, use the platform, complete forms, participate in skills tests or surveys, or use the platform as collaborator, and/or register to our affiliate or influencer or similar program. This includes personal information such as a valid email address, Facebook or Google account login details and username, name, profile details, physical address or billing information, telephone number or other contact details, transactional information, payment information, taxpayer information and forms, details about other social networks linked accounts, details about your listed gigs, purchases, education, profession and expertise, information and files uploaded by you to the platform, and additional authentication information.
We also collect information about or contained in your communications with tennerr as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of the platform.
We also receive information from third-party vendors and/or other commercially available sources, such as fraud warnings from job providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts, information from enrichment job providers to enhance and personalize your experience, and from advertising and marketing partners in order to manage and measure our campaigns.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
Our legal basis for using your personal information is to ensure that we are compliant with all relevant laws and regulations. In most cases, we will only use your personal information if:
- You have given us your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- The use of your personal information is necessary to fulfill a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (such as providing you with jobs you have purchased).
- The processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, fraud prevention).
- The processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (such as improving our jobs to you), subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate.
We will always ensure that any use of your personal information is done in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and is necessary for the performance of our jobs to you.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with quality job and security, to operate the Site, to perform our obligations to you, and to develop and improve our job. For example, we use personal information to verify your identity, establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, enable your communications with other members, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us to develop and improve our jobs, to understand and analyze our performance as well as your preferences and performance, and to customize and personalize our job and enhance your experience.
- To ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud, and maintain a safe and secure marketplace and jobs. For example, we use personal information to monitor, track and prevent fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities, monitor content integrity, conduct security investigations, and risk assessments, verify or authenticate information provided by you, enforce our Terms of Job and comply with applicable laws.
- To contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- To promote and advertise the Site, our jobs, and the tennerr marketplace. For example, we use the information collected from you for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages, to show you information that may be of interest to you, to organize and facilitate referral programs, contests or other promotional activities or events.
- To maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, jobs, or promotions from tennerr that may be of interest to you or our related jobs. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone, or targeted online advertisements.
Our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest or on your consent, or as otherwise permitted according to applicable laws. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time – this can be exercised by following the opt-out link attached to each communication or by sending an email to email@example.com.
We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Please note that our job is only available to users who are at least 18 years of age or older, or minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age with permission from a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
tennerr does not sell or rent personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without the explicit consent of our users. However, we do share personal information with third parties in certain situations, as outlined below:
With other users and website visitors. Once you register on our website, certain information such as your username, country, and additional information regarding your activity will be made public and visible to all users of the website. This information includes photos you upload, your published portfolio, information about Gigs you offer, ratings, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile. Additionally, we offer users the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, blogs, and other similar features. Please be aware that certain information, such as your user name and profile, together with the content uploaded by you, will be publicly displayed when you use such features. Your information will also be shared with other users when you message or otherwise communicate with such users. When you publish your information and/or share your data with other tennerr users, you do so at your own risk. If you choose to share personal information with other users, including Sellers providing you a job via tennerr, such personal information is shared with other users as separate controllers. While tennerr’s Terms of Job require Sellers to keep the information shared with them confidential, tennerr cannot ensure that all users will do so and it is your responsibility to ensure that other users will comply with your standards.
With Job Providers. We share personal information for business purposes with job providers that provide us with jobs for the purpose of operating the website, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary jobs and solutions. These include, among others, hosting jobs, billing, and payment processors and vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management jobs, data and cybersecurity jobs, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS jobs, session recording, etc
Where your data is sent
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection job.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and Israel, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. To ensure the security of your personal information, we take all steps reasonably necessary and provide appropriate safeguards, such as entering into European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses as amended from time to time, and/or equivalent data transfer safeguards.
Do Not Track
tennerr implements technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of our website and jobs, as well as the personal information provided by our users. These measures aim to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or damage to personal information. We use industry-standard technologies and internal procedures to ensure the security of our users’ information. Additionally, tennerr holds a PCI DSS certification (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards), which is required for accepting payments by credit cards. We also contractually require any third party to process our users’ personal information to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the data in a secure manner.
However, it is important to note that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take great care to protect our users’ personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our website. Once we have received personal information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Users who have registered on our website are required to keep their password confidential and not disclose it to any third party. For more information about our data security practices, please contact us directly.
Rights of EU, EEA and UK Users
This section of the Policy applies to you if you are located in the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA) or UK.
Under EU regulations, you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to obtain information about how and on what basis your personal information is processed and to obtain a copy
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information
- The right to erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- You believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information
- We are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing, and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing
- You have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information
- You believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information where:
- The accuracy of the personal information is contested
- The processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information
- We no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise, or defence of a legal claim
- You have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection
- The right to object to decisions that are based solely on automated processing or profiling
- The right to ask us for a copy of your data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller when you have provided your personal information to us with your consent
- The right to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access or erasure in accordance with local laws.
We will ask you for additional data to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the data requested by you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law. We will decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we will retain where necessary certain personal information for a limited period of time for record-keeping, accounting, and fraud prevention purposes.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
If you are a California resident, this section of the Policy applies to you.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from users on tennerr:
- Information that you choose to upload or provide to tennerr, including:
- Identifiers and personal information, such as name, address, online identifiers, email addresses, passport number or driver’s license number, and social security number
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as gender, facial image, and audio, electronic, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information, education information, and commercial information
- Audio or other sensory information, for example, if you provide audio-based jobs on tennerr
- Information we collect when you use tennerr, including:
- Identifiers and personal information, such as online identifiers, IP addresses, access device, and connection information, browser type, version, time zone setting, and browser plug-in types and versions
- Commercial information, including products or jobs purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including login and logout time, duration of sessions, content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web pages, and activity measures
- Location information
- Information that we collect or receive from third parties, such as job providers, advertisers, and third-party accounts you link with tennerr, including:
- Identifiers and personal information, such as name, online identifiers, email addresses, IP addresses, access device and connection information, browser type, version, time zone setting, and browser plug-in types and versions
- Professional or employment-related information, internet or other electronic network activity information, commercial information, and location information
- Profile information inferred from any of the information listed above
As per CCPA, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request access to the personal information that we have collected about you in the past 12 months, including information about the categories of personal information we collect, where it is collected from, the business or commercial purpose for collection, the categories of third parties we have shared the information with, and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected.
- The right to request the deletion of personal information related to you under certain circumstances and exceptions.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- The right to submit your request via an authorized agent, but only under certain conditions.
To exercise these rights, please open a customer relations ticket on our support website or contact us at email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identity and confirm that you have given permission to your authorized agent.
We will verify your request using the information associated with your account which may require government identification. You can make a request for access twice within a 12-month period. Any disclosures we provide will cover the 12-month period preceding your request. We do not charge a fee for processing or responding to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unfounded. If we determine that a fee is necessary, we will inform you of the reasons and provide a cost estimate before proceeding with the request.
Updating Personal Information
At tennerr, we strive to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You can easily update your information through your account profile settings. If you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know right away. We will investigate and make corrections as soon as possible unless we are required to retain the information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity. If you have any issues with deleting your personal information, please contact our customer support team and we will make every effort to delete it in accordance with privacy laws. You can review and change your information by logging into your account profile page. Please note that if you delete your user-generated content from our site, it may still be visible on cached or archived pages or may have been copied or stored by other users. The access and use of information on our site, including user-generated content, is subject to our Terms of Job.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, we kindly ask that you open a Customer Relations ticket. Please include all the relevant details so that your ticket can be handled correctly. We will process any requests in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this Policy, please email our team at email@example.com, and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe. For the purposes of GDPR (Article 27), you may contact our representative under the following contact details: tennerr Registered office address 79 Colthurst Crescent, Finsbury Park, Finsbury Park, London, England, N4 2FF